Sunday, July 20, 2008

NURSING-MY PASSION


While not the most flattering pic of me:( this is from my last clinic in Haiti. I have been a nurse for too many years to count. My specialty is infants. I have 10 years of experience working with sick infants in the hospital among other areas.
Surprisingly I did not want to go to college and my mom made me do something so I picked nursing. Thank God it was exactly what I am supposed to be doing. It fits right in with my Spiritual Gifts of caring, acts of service, and I am a care taker by nature.
More recently God has shown me ways of using my nursing skills to help the people of Haiti. Through my work for Nehemiah Vision Ministries and hopefully being host parents in the near future to some children from Haiti needing surgery here in the U.S. , my passion for Nursing has been renewed. I am so thankful for the skills I have and the ability for God to use me to help others.
THANKS MOM FOR PUSHING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!
Steph

No comments: