Tuesday, July 15, 2008

JUST A GLIMPSE


AUTISM STINKS!!! It just plain stinks. Most of the time I am fine with it. I accept it in our lives. When you deal with something daily it isnt always in the forefront of your mind.
Lately I feel like Nick in this pic, looking through my fingers trying to get a glimpse of what to do. You cant see clearly what the path is. Everyone around you has an opinion on what you should do. God just hasen't shown you the picture yet.
Summer is difficult. Unstructured time plus Autism equal disaster. Nick doesnt sleep therefore neither does mom. Melt downs are more frequent as well. For the first time in a few years we are going to have to seek help for Nick more than we can do at home. He has been pretty managable until now and doing exceptionally well in school but as is common with Autism, things change. I just want a glimpse into the future to know things will be alright. Until then we will just pray for wisdom and guidance.
Steph

No comments: