Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update

I spoke with Pastor Pierre about an hour ago. He and Nathan are still in Miami. They are scheduled on a charter flight with Missionary Flights International in the am to PAP. We have still had no word on his family or anyone in Chambrun. He is trusting God that they are alright.
This all seems so sureal and unfair and very difficult to understand and put into words. I love Haiti and the people so much. To have this happen is uncomprehensible. The loss and devastation will be immesurable.
We have had no internet contact in the last several hours except with only a few missionaries and many photos of the destruction and many many bodies on the roadsides are hard to see.
I want to be there giving medical care. I hate sitting here doing nothing. I know prayer is the most important thing I can do but I am a "do'er". There is an organization I know that is trying to organize some nurses to go for disaster relief. I want to go so badly and utilize my skills to help but it seems so unatainable. Does God even want me to go now I dont know. This is all so hard to process.
I leave my plans in Gods hands with Him knowing I am willing to serve however He wants.
First we desperately want info on Pastors family.
Please continue to pray for info and that he gets there,
Steph

No comments: