Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Random Shots from Chambrun

Every time I go there is a child half naked and filthy. This was the one this time.
Roosters running through the laundry.

She was so cute and not afraid of me at all!



I see this girl every time I go into the village. I dont think she goes to school.



Chief voodoo doc in Chambrun that gave his life to Jesus a few moths ago!



My favorite pic of the trip. I love the elderly in Haiti. Their faces have such character. I love how his beard and the hat and the dark skin on the light wall all look together.





Love the hat this little guy made.






Another little cutie.







Myrta watching her new cement house being built. A church raised and donated money for her to have a block house. Something she could never have imagined having in her entire life. What a blessing it will be for her and her daughters some day to have.








Everything built by hand in Haiti.










I love this pic too. Notice his hat! It is great, and NO SHOES. Pastor made him wear shoes to work the next day and he came with 2 left boots that were different but he wore them. This gentlemen was the man with the giant abcess comming out of his chin from infected teeth on my last trip. Pastor said he had not seen him since then and he showed up again when I was there to work on Myrtas house. He was totally healed. He might have died from infection if he had not come to the clinic a few months before.











After returning Flamanda home the rest of my trip was spent visiting in Chambrun with the community and the childrens home. While Myrtas house was being built there was a large gathering of people watching. The kids love to play and have their pictures taken.









This little girl was adorable. I always wonder at their large smiles amongst the poverty, hungry bellies, filth and pain.
Pray for NVM to continue to do good work in Jesus name there.
Steph












1 comment:

Kristie Cerling said...

So happy for Myrta! She was so sick my last trip there! Glad she is doing better.