Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday in Chambrun

Today we went to church in Chambrun with the people of the community. This is one of my favorite things to do here but it also means the trip is almost over. The clinic was a great success and we helped many very ill people. We were able to send our little 4 lb baby to a clinic to stay until she is ready to come back home. It all worked out beautifully. We had an extremely sick man with a giant abcess comming out of his neck. The dentist pulled his abcessed tooth and we started an IV and gave him some antibiotics through it and then the dentist drained the abcess. It was extremely painful for the man and to watch but he would have probably died if he hadnt been there. Tomorrow a member of the team that has been here for 3 weeks and is staying on for a while longer to teach some english has volunteered to go to the embassy with one of pastors drivers to get the papers for the visa. She wanted me to be able to go to the beach with the team and went last week with the last team here. She is so sweet. Pray there is no problems. I have already paid for it and have a ticket for it to be picked up. Should be no issues. I saw Flamanda at church today. I held her for about 20 minutes and she did fine with me until she heard her moms voice. Then she started crying. Im excited to bring her back to start the next leg of her journey but sad to leave here. I miss the boys and Tom and am pretty tired. Pray the airplane ride goes smoothly with Flamanda! Well update as soon as I can.
Steph

No comments: