Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rapidly Approaching

Well I leave for Haiti on Tuesday but I am more worried about my return date this time than getting there. I am praying to bring Flamanda home with me for treatment in Detroit. That date is the 20th and rapidly approaching. We do not have a host family for her as of yet. If we dont get one very soon in the next few days we wont have time to do the paperwork for the visa.
I got a report from the team that is there now and a photo. Her head is getting bigger and bigger. She is not very responsive. She is still breastfeeding and looks weight wise to be pretty healthy.
I feel total responsibility for this child. I trust in God and his timing but when every day she gets sicker and has more brain damage it is hard. I am praying all the time for God to show us his plan and bring us the family.
If anyone that reads this knows of a family in or near Detroit that might be interested in hosting her let me know.
Praying,
Stephanie

No comments: