Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back home again

Well we made it home without any problems at all. Flamanda was a great traveler and I was so blessed to have a great team with me to help carry her. Her head is very very heavy and my arms are killing me. She only cried a little on each plane. She is missing her mom and breastfeeding very much. She does take a bottle and we have found out loves baby food! Yesterday I was so tired. I drove her 4 hours up to Michigan and she decided that our saftey laws and car seats really stink. She literally cried and screamed the entire way. It was a very long drive but we made it and met up with her host family. They are very experienced and have had several children like her before. I felt so comfortable leaving her with them. They have many older children that can help too. She has her doctor appointment next wedneday for all her pre op stuff and hopefully her MRI also that day. Please continue to pray for her to adjust and her mom to adjust in Haiti to not having her there. It was very obvious how much she loves her and was emotional and hard but happy to take her from her at the airport.
We are very happy to have the Swarthout family taking care of her. They will be updating us often. She called me this morning and said Flamanda slept in her crib all night and is chowing down on baby food and drinking a little better from her bottle. What a praise and blessing.

I was happy to get home and to my own bed and my boys and Tom but very sad to leave Haiti as usual. There were so many very sick people this time and I am so blessed to be able to use my talents to help them. This was my 5th trip and my Creole is getting so much better. I was able to talk quite a bit with the workers and teachers. Several of them are like my second family now as well as Pastor Pierres family. I will start to post pictures today and some special stories.
Thanks for all your prayers!
Steph

No comments: