Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still Smiling



This week has been very uneventful for me. I have slipped back into work, laundry, dinner, dishes, homework and tv. Though sleeping has been difficult and memories are always there. I try to remember their smiles. The Haitian people are still smiling! It amazes me still. They live in extreme poverty even if you have a job you still dont have much. We are so spoiled here and I dont want to forget that. Thankfully I get a wake up call every time I go. There is much work to be done. More than ever before.
Hands That Heal did 6 medical kids last year. We are gearing up for possibly trying to do 50 this year. The needs will be huge. The medical visa process is currently on hold. Nobody comming out. We do not know how long this will last.
NVM has teams ongoing through May. I will be busy ordering meds and supplies for some of the teams. I welcome the work. It gives me things to do to help from here.
Tomorrow night I am going to a meeting at St.Vincent's Hospital where I work. It will be all doctors and medical personell. I will be sharing about NVM and what we saw in the 2 weeks that I was there as well as our upcomming trip needs. St.Vincent has sent 2 teams already and they will be sharing as well. I hope it is a good time of networking for supplies and volunteers.
Praying for my friends in Haiti,
Steph

No comments: