Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jerica our Piti Piti Baby

This is Jerica. She was the tiny premature baby on our last trip that we sent to Children of the Promise for help. She returned to Chambrun after a month with the beginnings of Hydrocephaly. She is so pretty. I think she may be blind too. She eats well now but her head is growing very fast. I do not know if we will attempt a medical visa for her. The process for medical visas is on hold right now anyways. Living where she does would not support a shunt and she is too small right now for the ETV procedure. I hate not doing anything for her right now. Her fontanell is very tense and her eyes are sundowning already. Her head will grow to massive proportions like Flamandas did. Her mom saught me out right away. She was saved and attends church at NVM after we helped Jerica. My last day I was there she came again and someone ran after me as I was leaving saying a woman with a tiny baby wanted me. I figured it was her. I was thrilled that she was the last baby I saw that day. I gave her some more formula and a hug. That was all I could do. It is hard to leave sometimes.
Steph

1 comment:

Mommy interrupted said...

Poor Jerica. I was going to ask about her. I'm glad you got to see her again. I know it has been touch and go with her for so long. It's so sad that she will get worse with little chance of help since the earthquake. I'll keep praying for her. -Sherry