Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jerica


I received a new update on our piti piti baby. I think she looks so good in this picture!
From the orphanage,
Jeri is actually doing pretty well, considering everything she has been through. She's keeping almost all of her formula down and when I weighed her today she was 4 lbs. 1 oz (up from 3 lbs. 4.8 oz last Tuesday). She's still not interested in sucking very much at all, so almost all of it is going in her tube. But she's having regular wet and dirty diapers, so that's a blessing. Her temperature is up to within the normal range, so she doesn't need to be under a light 24/7. She's not crying yet, but is making more noises that are closer to cries. She's also moving around much more. She is on both Lasix and Acetazolamide to help with the swelling in her brain. She has definitely improved over the past week, though is still in a critical stage. I attached pictures from when I changed her tube yesterday.
Steph

No comments: