Thursday, December 18, 2008

HANDS THAT HEAL

I have accepted a position on the board for the organization Hands That Heal that brought Shnaider here for surgery. You can check out the blog from the link on mine. I am so happy to have met the woman that founded it. We have become fast friends through the process of us hosting Shnaider. I will be the medical coordinator. My first case is a 14 yr old boy Joseph that has tumors on his legs. St.Vincent has already agreed and the surgeon as well, it is just a matter of paperwork at this point. I need to find a host family in our area as well. We thought we might keep him but Nick didnt do so well with Shnaider here although an older child would be totally different to have. Nick has struggled as school this last week and we decided it would be best to have another family keep him and I can help them. I am so happy that God has given me opportunities to help more children in Haiti, the time to do it and a family that supports me in all that I am doing there.
Tom has said I can start traveling to Haiti 3 times a year if the opportunity arrises. My mom is willing to watch the kids for me to do this. My family is so awesome! I am waiting on God to show me what to do. My next trip is planned right now for March 28th.
I cant wait to see what God has planned for Hands That Heal!
Steph

No comments: