Monday, November 3, 2008

ANOTHER LITTLE GIRL

This is my favorite picture from my trip. The older girl is Claudine who I sponsor and she was abandoned by her mother then her God Mother and is now living with another student and her mother. After my last trip there we prayed about whether or not we should adopt her. We didnt feel that was what we were supposed to do. I send her things and picutres of our family. I pray for her and consider her my daughter in Haiti. She asked me on this trip again if she could come and live with me. It is very difficult to not want to bring them all here knowing what their life is like there.
The little girl is TiBlan (little white). Her real name is Witlene I think. They call her TiBlan because she is so light skined. She was also abandoned by her mother and was living with her fathers sisters but they were not taking care of her. She scavenged around in the dirt by herself under bushes and in the roads until about 6 months ago when Pastor agreed to take her into the childrens home. She is so beautiful now. She is still very hesitant and not as open as the other children. I would love to add her to our family as well. Im sure God will lead us if we are to do that. There are so many children and if I knew all their stories Im sure I would want to adopt them all.
I am still trying to decompress after my trip. This one has been harder for me to get back to life here. I love it there so much and have such a huge desire to help these children.
Steph

No comments: