Monday, May 3, 2010

Flamanda

I was able to see Flamanda and my friends in Chambrun on Sunday at church. Flamanda looks good except her head is exactly the same size as when I returned her the end of December. It is not getting any bigger but it should be shrinking. I left her info with the people from GAIN that are helping NVM in Haiti. They are supposed to be checking to see if we can get her a shunt in Haiti. Since the earthquake there are a few more options in Haiti for treatment if they are still there. I have not heard back from them yet.
I was sad to see this. We knew that there was a chance her ETV drainage hole would not stay open and I would guess it has closed off. Im praying she can get treated there. If not we will begin working on finding someone to put in a shunt here.

No comments: