Monday, May 3, 2010

Been home for a while

Sorry I havent posted about my trip yet. I had a good trip. We worked in IDP camps every day instead of Chambrun. I missed being in Chambrun but there is such a huge need in the camps and we had great days every day. We had a very small team this time but were still able to treat about 500 people that week. The team was mostly from East Point Christian Church and they were sooo nice. They adopted us right away and we all worked together. The men worked in Chambrun every day on concrete mostly and the women all went to the clinics.
Thanks for all your prayers and support. I most likely wont return to Haiti with NVM for a while. I dont know what Hands That Heal has in store for the immediate future. We have several children to work on but the process for medical visas is even more difficult than before.
Our family is doing great. Since I am not working every weekend anymore we have been able to go back to regular worship on top of our small group. Nick does great in the special class for him. We are so thankful for it and Jer has been joining us in the regular service and seems to enjoy it.
Steph

No comments: