Monday, March 29, 2010

Sendy



For anyone new, Sendy is a little girl at His Home for Children in Haiti. She has Hydrocephaly. She made it to the U.S. just prior to the earthquake and is in OH now. I met her on my first trip to Haiti in Sept of 07. We attempted to host her in our home for her initial treatment but it did not happen. She got the treatment in OH and returned to Haiti until recently she needed her shunt removed and made it back to OH right before the earthquake.
I have kept up on her since I met her. Praying for her and hoping we might adopt her. I felt God was giving us the opportunity to do this but it never happened. She never had a family come forward to adopt her so I always felt that there was a chance that it could still maybe happen.
A family has come forward to adopt her now. It was very difficult. I had to let go of the idea that it would ever happen. I have talked to the mom and emailed with them several times. Sendy will be blessed to be in their family. She just sent me these photos of her. Sendy does not need to have a new shunt put in which is great. It was very sad for me at first but I feel at peace now. I would love a daughter so much. Only God knows if that will ever happen. I know that I am to continue to work in Haiti and that will be harder if we adopt a child.
Sendy will cross my mind still often and I pray for her as I put closure on this.
Steph

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Steph,I know exactly how you are feeling..I myself have been in this situation and I still don't understand it and even when I think I have peace about it that nasty devil gets to me and makes me think different..I know that I have a little girl out there and so wish that God would reveal her to us so we can get on with it...Over 2 years that I've been waiting.At times I just think maybe it's my wants and not his,I just can't understand why he would allow us to love this child so much and right before we are to make the decision (within weeks) she is placed with someone else! SUCKS...I know one day I will know why and I am still waiting and praying...Praying for you as you go through this....