Friday, August 1, 2008

CRACKIN' ME UP


Nick was making me laugh last night in bed. People with Autism are very concrete thinkers.


I said "Nick you need to get over your fear of going to bed by yourself." He said " Noooo, I have to stay under it!"


We were reading a book about feelings and what rejection was and what it meant. The solution for rejection was to surround yourself with positive people and positive comments if you are being rejected by someone. We role played with a toy and gave it positive comments after we pretended it had been rejected by its friends.


A few minutes later I was reading and he said I wasnt doing it right and he had to do it so I said "Nick I am feeling rejected right now and sad." He said "Its okay mom you have really nice jammies on tonight though!"


Nick has been incredibly good with Snaider being here. Any change in routine can spell disaster for him sometimes. I believe God has been definately covering him this last week. He amazes me all the time.

Steph


1 comment:

JSherrick said...

i just LOVE this story. Nick does crack me up to the inner core sometimes!