Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Flamanda/Sendy updates

Flamanda is cleared to go home already! The hole in her brain is draining fluid and her head has gone from down by 4 cm. The doctor feels confident that the hole will stay open. We are a little nervous about her returning so soon but the doctor has released her and we have to send her back now. Her mom will be thrilled to get her so we are happy that she will be reunited with her quickly. We are trying to work out how to get her back to Haiti and her mother. Hands That Heal is very low on money right now and does not have the entire amt available to pay for a ticket for me to take her back. I am willing to pay for half of my ticket to go but we still need more. In Chambrun where I work with NVM and where Flamanda is from is having a revival the week I would love to return to take her back (the last week of Dec.). It is the 1 year anniversary of the opening of our church. They are having many festivities and a wedding that week. The first one ever. It is not often that people get married because they simply dont have the money to do it in Haiti.
I might also be able to bring Sendy back with me then too. The surgeon in OH that put in her first shunt is willing to do surgery again. They are working on the hospital to agree as well. I would love to be able to do that for them and spend a day with her. I always felt we were supposed to adopt her but we have never been persuaded to take that step I guess. If the hospital agrees that would give them enough time to get the visa by the time I would leave.
So many things up in the air right now. I wish God would just show us the future and His plans! I might not get to go at all and I am trying to prepare myself for that too. I guess if I am supposed to go God will work it out. I hate stupid money!! So much could be accomplished with more money. We are desperate to raise 12,000 with NVM now too to be able to get our next shipment of food to feed the 320 kids we have for the next year. We are almost out of food. I would be happy with a few hundred to get Flamanda back and Sendy here right now though. Starving and suffering kids is just not something I am willing to accept. Pray for Tom and Jer and Nick as they do a great job dealing with my craziness! Though Jeremy has definately inherited my compassion:)

Pray that God would bless Hands That Heal and NVM financially so we can continue Gods work and that Sendy can get here to have her surgery. They told me she is talking more and loves to play with Barbies! She is worth saving! Pray that Flamanda can be reunited with her mother and that I dont go crazy worring how this is all going to work out! I still wonder why God has choosen me to be there intercessor and put all this in my life!
I guess I'll just keep praying but honestly I wouldnt want it any other way!
Steph

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I just don't know how you do this all the time....I would never get any sleep..I love it that you care so much for these children that need so medical attention..Praying for both of them and for you as well...

Rhyan said...

Hey! keep me updates on how things go...I'll be going to Haiti Jan 11th to the 25th. Should something come up and you need help with a transport please let me know!

Kristie Cerling said...

Praying for financial gifts to come your way as God determines to give. So happy to see sweet Flamanda heading home! Wish Jeri was coming here for help.