Saturday, July 18, 2009

Surgery

We left the ER for PICU around 7am. Sabrina was doing very well. They took her to surgery at 10:00 am. She did amazing. No problems at all. We even went to the regular peds floor after surgery.
She continued to do great the rest of the day. She only needed Tylenol and was comfortable. She continued having some seizures through the day but not anywhere near what they were before. We are so thankful for that. She got to start getting her tube feedings later in the evening and did have a little vomiting.
Her shunt was definately working. Her fontanel was getting softer and where the shunt drains in the abdomen was getting bigger. Her eyes were looking more normal. It was awesome to see that process.
It was a very long day. We had a lot of doctors in and out and it was very busy. Anna and I left in the evening. I had been up since Wed. morning and was exhausted. Heather is going to be her permanent host mom in OH after about 4 weeks with us and was there for the surgery. She stayed with her last night so we could get some much needed sleep.
She will leave today. Anna and I are one our way up to the hospital now to see how her night was.
Steph

3 comments:

Kim said...

So glad to hear she is doing well. I am hoping that this little angel proves all the doctors wrong!

nancy said...

Thank you for Sabrina's update. I know how tired you all must be and am grateful you've made the time to share with us. I have been following HTH's blog closely and was getting worried when we hadn't heard since she went into surgery. What a blessing to see the improvements in her. I feel she is a miracle God has placed on this earth to show us his grace and goodness...and it's so uplifting to see our prayers answered as she walks through her journey. I am going to keep up with her progress for many years to come!

Lisa said...

I am so glad everything went well. I hope you got some rest too!!! Keep me posted!! Still praying!!!