Monday, October 6, 2008

TWO WEEKS TO GO

I am so excited to be going to Haiti again. We leave Oct. 21st. I am waiting on one last delivery of medications and have a lot of packing to do. Our medical clinic should be even bigger than 6 months ago. I am very excited to see Claudine again, the girl I sponsor through Nehemiah that was abandoned twice. She is 12 years old now. I also am hoping to get to the orphanage, His Home, to see Sendy and Grace. Sendy is hopefully going to be accepted to have her shunt surgery in Haiti sometime in November. Grace is the child that was left on the trash pile that we are now sponsoring through His Home. Last I hear she is doing better and eating well.

Jeremy is nervous about me going. He is afraid something will happen to me. Tom probably is too but doesnt say anything about it. Pray for them while I am gone.

Nick is back to his old self around the house with Shnaider gone. He is running around naked, fighting with his brother, just like old times. When Shnaider was here it was like having a guest in the house. Nick stayed in his room, was quiet, agreeable, not wanting to rock the boat or wake Shnaider up after he went to bed. He is still having some issues in school now as well. We were kind of hoping to see improvment. I guess Shnaider wasnt very much of an effect on Nick at school as we thought he might be. The medicine does seem to be taking some of the edge off I think. I have noticed some little things that he has let slide that he never would have before. Not a lot of change though. Keep him in your prayers.

Steph

1 comment:

Rebekah Hubley said...

I am glad to read that nick is out of "hybernation"! :-) I am praying that school gets better too. I will give you a call tomorrow...